RE: The Feast
Read the following passage - Luke 14: 12-24 and then answer the questions afterward. These questions are interpretive, so write your opinion and show your understanding, there's not really a wrong answer!
- Who was Jesus telling the story to and why?
- What does the parable mean? - to help, think about...
- Is the feast in heaven, or a banquet on earth?
- Is the man hosting the feast similar to God, or to Jesus? Why?
- Why do you think the rich people made excuses?
- When Jesus came to earth, it was not the rich people who welcomed him, but the common people, the outsiders. How does this relate to our parable?
- Do you think Jesus was teaching that everyone is welcome into his Kingdom if they want to be? Why?
- How do you think people could interpret the parable differently?